Peter,

thanks for the insight.  it will take me a bit to get the env setup for verbose logging, but will share the logs once they are generated.  regarding the reservations, are there best practices around global vs subnet based reservations.  i have read https://kea.readthedocs.io/en/kea-2.4.1/arm/dhcp4-srv.html#global-reservations-in-dhcpv4, and understand why the capability for both exist, but are there general "rules of the road" around this subject?  in cases where i classify, but do not specify a reserved IP, i could see the global reservation being appropriate.  in cases where a reserved IP is assigned, what pros and cons are there around where the reservation is defined?  in my case, i have <?include "/path/to/file.json?> call outs for many of the config stanzas, to help organize the different capabilities of Kea, and thats why i have all the reservations set globally.  its based out of convenience and clarity, but doesnt mean i'm right/wrong or following best practices.

thanks for the help and effort,

brendan