We do not support EFI with raspi hence it was turned off. It
unnecessarily blows up the size of the kernel and enlarges its attack
surface.

** Changed in: linux-raspi (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to linux-raspi in Ubuntu.

  CONFIG_EFI_STUB support disabled since 6.5.0-1002.2

Status in linux-raspi package in Ubuntu:

  Looks like since commmit 0d02ca7853f4e487ff8b912b0d1d43ceb31a528b
  (https://git.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-

raspi/commit/?h=applied/ubuntu/devel&id=0d02ca7853f4e487ff8b912b0d1d43ceb31a528b)
  The support for EFI in the kernel config was disabled with no mention
  of why:

  """
  - [Config] raspi: Set EFI=n
  """

  This disables support for CONFIG_EFI_STUB which means that the kernel
  cannot be loaded via EFI directly.

  Any reasons for this? We are booting RPI by setting u-boot to launch
  in EFI mode, which runs grub.efi and then we load our entries from
  there, but this totally breaks support for that.

  This worked until the previous kernel version with no issues that we
  could find. Is there anything we can do to revert this and re-enable
  this option int he kernel?