On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 6:26 PM, Prashant Bhole
<prashantsmailcen...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Can I user inotify with sysfs?
>
> I have a kernel module which has exported its attributes in sysfs. Also, I
> have a user space program which needs to be notified about changes in
> attributes in sysfs. I tried using inotify but not working out.

I don't think inotify could work with pseudo filesystem... there's no
real content there that's related to physical backing storage. OTOH,
AFAIK sysfs is generating "content" based only when you read at it.

Probably the thing that might work is dnotify...but this is just a raw guess.

regards,

Mulyadi.