On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 11:22:28PM +0100, Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:
> On 18 March 2013 22:48,  <tinn...@isbd.co.uk> wrote:
> > As per the subject, is this list/newsgroup dead?
>
> Hi tinnews,
> By no means :) Discussions just informally moved to the forum:
> http://forum.kde.org/kexi.
> .. which is not synchronized. This decision has been made after we
> observed that for many months people discussed on Kexi topics on the
> forum while the mailing list was silent.

Oh, pity, I'm not going to go there I'm afraid.

> After the move, this list acts mostly as a target announcement - at
> least for releases and links to some blogs.
>
> There are many advantages of the forum, it's more available for mobile
> access, and archives are easier to browse.

There are also many disadvantages, in particular:-

    I have to go there, messages aren't delivered to me. I am on 60 or
    more lists and browsing around the web to 60 or more different
    places just isn't practical.

    I can't use a decent editor to create messages, not to mention that
    each forum has a different interface and I have to learn that.

--
Chris Green