It is prefered that you used the kgdb mailling list for question and
problem reports.

kgdb-bugreport@lists.sourceforge.net

You do not need to patch the kernel assuming you are ok with using kgdb
over console (see the instructions that come with the kernel).

The gdb mod patch is not applicable to the kernel.org kernels anymore.

Jason.