The kicad documentation gives a quick overview of what can be done with spice.
It describes how to put spice directives in the schematic.  Works with both
GNUCAP or ngspice.  I have not tried GNUCAP because this is primarily targeted
for Linux.  Ngspice (Binary for Windows and is free) and can be found at:
http://ngspice.sourceforge.net/

Within Kicad you can export your netlists to spice format.  I recommend
labeling all of your nodes with names as this allows for traceability when
using an external simulation tool.  And exporting as NodeNames option.

To add additional spice control directives to the netlist just add TEXT strings
such as this to the schematic:{+SPICE,-SPICE,+GNUCAP,-GNUCAP} these flags will
not show up in the netlist.
-PSPICE .MODEL QNPN NPN (IS=1E-13 XTI=3 EG=1.11)
+PSPICE .AC DEC 1 1Hz 100Hz

Also, I experimented with using the spice file include directive and included
some of LTspice's model definition files seems to work without modifing the
LTspice library files.
General form: +PSPICE .INCLUDE filename

I used a free GUI front end called KJWaves.  This is a java appication accepts
a spice netlist and allow you to optionally add the simulation directives to
you netlist, call ngspice, graph analyze your results.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/kjwaves/

I also tried Qucs, which seems to work.  Qucs has its own netlist format, but
will accept a spice netlist.  Just insert Netlist block component.  The
netlist block allows you to expose your nodes once you give it a netlist
filename.  Then add your sources, probes and simulation cards to these exposed
nodes.