On 2024.03.07 12:01, Thomas Baumgart via KMyMoney-devel wrote:
On Dienstag, 5. März 2024 00:20:04 CET Jack via KMyMoney-devel wrote:

> I'm curious about the current state of editing multiple transactions in > the ledger, in master branch. I know there are some restrictions, but
> I don't remember what they are, or if they are actually written down
> anywhere.
>
> I have several transactions with the same category, which was
> incorrectly set on OFX import.  I can select more than one of these
> transactions, and select edit, but the category field is disabled. In > a 5.1. appimage, I can select and edit multiple transactions, and can
> set the category dropdown, but am still not able to save the changes
> (the OK button is disabled.)
>
> Thanks for any hints of pointers to why this might be.

Doesn't the tooltip show up for you (see attachment)?
These are dividend transactions in an Investment account. I just tried again, and in master branch, in the Investment account, if I select two dividend transactions and then try to edit, nothing happens, In the brokerage account, I do see that tooltip. I can see these are actually split transactions (one for the security, one for the category, and one for the brokerage account) so I'll have to think about whether editing the category makes sense, and will probably file a low-priority wishlist. It should be possible, since there is only one split for a category.

--

Regards

Thomas Baumgart

Laziness led to the invention of the most useful tools.