On 2010-06-5, at 2:42 AM, Cindy Murdock Ames wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> The good news:  CCFLS went live with 3.2alpha2 on Tuesday!  The bad news:
> our transactions are *really* slow at times.

Heya Cindy,

Think about moving your zebra and mysql DB's to different physical disks, any
decreasing your zebra-rebuild frequency. This one helped us a lot!

Does your box get slow only when a zeb-rebuild is happening?

Do some mysql/inno tuning to take advantage of most of your delicious RAM ;)
innodb_buffer_pool_size = 10000M

install munin/munin-node on you box to get some decent stats on what
specifically is causing the slow-down.
http://packages.debian.org/lenny/munin

these additional munin plugins are great for mysql-tuning, i run them on my
prod systems
http://wiki.github.com/kjellm/munin-mysql/

set good cacheing rules in your apache.conf for css/js/images

<FilesMatch "\.(pl|html?)$">
Header set Pragma "no-cache"
Header set Cache-Control "no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0"
Header set Expires 1
</FilesMatch>

<FilesMatch "\.(jpg|gif|png|css|js$)$">
ExpiresDefault "access plus 7 days"
Header set Cache-Control "public"
</FilesMatch>

force all *non* circ-station koha-requests thru a squid-box, to prioritize
checkin/checkout requests on circ-stations

Cheers, Mason.
--
KohaAloha, NZ.