Hello everyone,

I'm currently facing an issue with a new Z3950 authority server integrated with ElasticSearch that I'm trying to set up. My basic searches are functioning properly, but when I attempt to use @attr attributes, it doesn't seem to work. Interestingly, attribute 1=1 (personal name) works fine. I've attempted to address this by adding the attributes in the /etc/z3950/attribute_mappings.yaml file, but unfortunately, that hasn't resolved the issue.

This situation has led me to question whether it's possible, with ElasticSearch for authorities, to perform a search on a specific field, such as a title by adding @attr 1=4 on yaz-client command line. In contrast, I haven't encountered this problem with an authority server under ZEBRA. For example, when I use @attr 1=4, it works seamlessly, but with ElasticSearch, it's not functioning as expected.

Example
with a Z3950 authority server under Zebra

$ yaz-client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxx/authorities
Connecting...OK.
Sent initrequest.
Connection accepted by v3 target.
ID     : 81
Name   : Zebra Information Server/GFS/YAZ
Version: 2.0.44/4.2.69 026ad3d737be4cbba4e98c6b6dc753f8029e3655
Elapsed: 0.446096
Z> f canada
Sent searchRequest.
Received SearchResponse.
Search was a success.
Number of hits: 172856, setno 1
SearchResult-1: term=canada cnt=172856
records returned: 0
Elapsed: 0.208821
Z> f @attr 1=4 canada
Sent searchRequest.
Received SearchResponse.
Search was a success.
Number of hits: 1920, setno 2
SearchResult-1: term=canada cnt=1920
records returned: 0
Elapsed: 0.858340

With a Z3950 authority server under ElasticSearch
$ yaz-client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:xxxx/authorities
Connecting...OK.
Sent initrequest.
Connection accepted by v3 target.
ID     : 81
Name   : Koha/GFS/YAZ
Version: 21.05.11.000/5.27.1 872b6f92a024bb53bc1c11dfeccd47f065f98238
Elapsed: 0.425683
Z> f canada
Sent searchRequest.
Received SearchResponse.
Search was a success.
Number of hits: 56811, setno 1
records returned: 0
Elapsed: 0.478937
Z> f @attr 1=4 canada
Sent searchRequest.
Received SearchResponse.
Search was a success.
Number of hits: 56811, setno 2
records returned: 0
Elapsed: 0.261396

Utilizing a Z3950 authority server with ElasticSearch, the yaz-client connects successfully to Koha/GFS/YAZ (Version 21.05.11.000/5.27.1). However, when attempting searches for 'canada' with the attribute '@attr 1=4', the number of results (56811) remains the same, '@attr 1=4' does not have effect.

I aim to enable the functionality of attributes to be able to search via these field
        nameany           => '@attr 1=1002 "#term" ',
        authorany         => '@attr 1=1003 "#term" ',
        authorcorp        => '@attr 1=2 "#term" ',
        authorpersonal    => '@attr 1=1 "#term" ',
        authormeetingcon  => '@attr 1=3 "#term" ',
        subject           => '@attr 1=21 "#term" ',
        subjectsubdiv     => '@attr 1=47 "#term" ',
        title             => '@attr 1=4 "#term" ',
        uniformtitle      => '@attr 1=6 "#term" ',
        srchany           => '@attr 1=1016 "#term" ',
        controlnumber     => '@attr 1=12 "#term" ',

Do you have any suggestion/check to fix this situation ?

Cheers
Hammat Wele