Hi David

the majority of our Koha installations use Elastiscearch and we have a process
that deactivates zebra but we would love to see the change you proposed.

I vaguely remember a bug where not having zebra running caused a problem (with
background jobs i think) even if ES is in charge of indexing.

cheers
david (HKS3/www.koha-support.eu)