Thank you for your well stated reply regarding FIPS compliance. I was trying to
gather some basic feedback. I know there is a lot of moving parts to Koha. On a
separate development project, I'm in the middle of FIPS compliance with some
windows 11 PC's on a government level that have have decided to arbitrarily
flip the FIPS switch to enabled in the group policys, and have virtually broken
numerous applications overnight.

A side anomaly I have noticed, is an impact to http client modules that
shouldn't have any impact to a FIPS enabled operating system, but that may or
may not impact Koha development.
I suspect if Koha does any kind of password hashing using any MD5 algorithms or
baseEncoding logic, that it could impact that operation. Then there is 3rd
party integrations like RabbitMQ that may be using encoding or serialization in
line. But you are right - everything should be tested independently.
There are FIPS compliance validation tools provided in Linux distros using
oscap.
sudo apt install openscap-scanner
But that requires some setup with a oscap content file. If anyone is interested
in this in the future, a sample content xml file might look something like this:
> <XCCDF>
> <Profile id="koha_profile">
> <title>Koha Security Profile</title>
> <description>Security profile for Koha deployment</description>
> <!-- Add security checks here -->
> <select idref="koha_authentication_check"/>
> <select idref="koha_access_control_check"/>
> <!-- Add more checks as needed -->
> </Profile>
> <Group id="koha_group">
> <title>Koha Security Group</title>
> <description>Group of security checks for Koha deployment</description>
> <rule selected="true" idref="koha_profile"/>
> </Group>
> <Benchmark id="koha_benchmark">
> <title>Koha Security Benchmark</title>
> <description>Benchmark for Koha deployment</description>
> <profile idref="koha_profile"/>
> </Benchmark>
> <!-- Define specific security checks -->
> <check id="koha_authentication_check" system="urn:scap:schema:xccdf:1.2">
> <description>Ensure strong authentication settings are
> configured</description>
> <!-- OVAL definition for authentication check -->
> <check-export export-name="oval:org.koha.authentication_check"/>
> </check>
> <check id="koha_access_control_check" system="urn:scap:schema:xccdf:1.2">
> <description>Ensure proper access controls are in place</description>
> <!-- OVAL definition for access control check -->
> <check-export export-name="oval:org.koha.access_control_check"/>
> </check>
> <!-- Define OVAL definitions -->
> <oval_definitions>
> <definition id="org.koha.authentication_check" class="compliance">
> <!-- Define OVAL test for authentication -->
> </definition>
> <definition id="org.koha.access_control_check" class="compliance">
> <!-- Define OVAL test for access control -->
> </definition>
> <!-- Add more OVAL definitions as needed -->
> </oval_definitions>
> </XCCDF>
then you can execute a scan with: