No to Globalisation!
                  From Seattle to San Vicente Caguán —
         The Revolt against the Dominion of Injustice is Advancing!

The course of history is subject to an alarming acceleration. Capitalist
countries have closer relations than ever due to globalisation under the
aegis of the USA and its military arm on an international scale, NATO. They
succeeded to deal destructive blows to their enemies. Nevertheless the main
contradictions have become more acrid and new contradictions have emerged.
Expanding and developing its forces of productions, capitalism is less and
less capable to provide for the needs of the majority of humankind, and
capitalism is destroying the basis of civilisation. In the periphery of the
imperialist centres, ever more people are starving, and even in the “rich”
countries old and new misery is spreading, exploitation and alienation, side
effects of the consumerist pattern. Capitalism and imperialism did win, but
we do not see any peace and the world became more unstable than ever before.
Not even the great masters of the US and European governments know where
they are leading us.

The battle of Seattle has caused the whole West to awake. This revolt is a
turning point, in spite of its limitations. The belle époque is over, the
enchantment that wants to lead us to believe that this system is the best
possible system, this enchantment which capital has cast over the masses, is
collapsing. We slowly emerge from the darkness: The peace of intoxication is
over, the ghost of revolt is haunting again, not only in the semi-colonial
countries, where the flame of revolution has never been extinguished despite
great difficulties, but even in the heart of imperialism. The traditional
workers’ movement seems to have lapsed into a condition of paralysis, but
new actors are ascending to the stage, driven by those contradiction, to
devote themselves to the cause of humanity, political passion and an
instinctive, primitive anti-capitalism.

What should be the answer to globalisation, to new colonialism that is
destroying the poorest countries, to political-cultural Americanism that is
strangling Europe and Japan? How can we exploit the contradictions among the
imperialist countries? How can we work against Echelon, international
computer totalitarianism, that is oppressing individual freedom as well as
basic political and  democratic rights? How can we unite the mass struggles
in the semi-colonial countries with the revolts in the hearts of the
imperialist countries? How can we join workers’ class struggle with the
fight to defend our environment, for a non-capitalist use of science,
information, nutrition and knowledge? What should be our answer to mass
migration, to racism, to xenophobia and neo-fascism? How shall we deal with
the religious popular movements that fight imperialist globalisation? How
can we render a meaning to the meaningless chaos? How can we convert the
revolt into a great revolutionary movement?

We have to prepare for the great struggles of resistance, to decide the
challenge of world capitalism to our favour. We call on all
anti-imperialists who have led a heroic struggle to resist in this decade,
to defend the unity we have reached already, and to go one step further.

In this sense we shall organise in the first week of August 2000 an
anti-imperialist camp in Italy, a great international meeting to enable us
to draw a balance together, to define a path for the future.

On the camp there are going to be various discussions on problems and events
of anti-imperialist struggle, and especially seven great topics with
contributions by renown guests:

1. The revolt of Seattle. What is globalisation and how can we fight it.
2. Columbia: liberation struggle and construction of people’s power.
3. Yugoslavia: the NATO criminals shall not get away without being punished.
4. Echelon: how to resist the USA/NSA information totalitarianism?
5. Amnesty! The political prisoners and the special security laws in Italy
and Europe.
6. Against capitalist “development”: Defence of the ecological system as a
precondition for civilisation.
7. Islam and the New World Order

Numerous guests have already confirmed their active participation, and we
address all those who share the spirit of this call and who want to support
the summer camp and who want to actively participate in it. We invite you to
an introductory plenum on May 27th in Italy (the exact location will be
given in due course) to decide on the programme and agenda, the
international delegations and the speakers.

The preparatory committee for the Anti-Imperialist Camp
Italy, February 2999

For Any Information: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]