----- Original Message -----
From: CSJ <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2001 3:06 AM
Subject: [Communist-Party] spoons

I pass along the following for what it's worth.  I found it interesting.

While checking on a number of old interests on Napster before it's much
ballyhooed demise I found quite a lot of tracks by the Southern U.S.
comedian, Brother Dave Gardner, a fellow who once said that he was not
against communists just because he wouldn't get that close.  Gardner,
however, had a way of making jokes based on complex and interesting
philosophical propositions and I know at least one person who got interested
in ideas through his records.  In a recording made in the middle sixties he
told the following story which bears a number of interesting
interpretations:

    A man went to hell and found that there everyone was seated at a banquet
table overflowing with good things to eat but that they only had as eating
utensils spoons with four foot handles which they could only feed themselves
with the greatest difficulty.  The man decided to see if things were better
in heaven so he went next door and found that the conditions were exactly
the same except that in heaven the people were feeding one another.

This story may be in common circulation, but I never heard it before.

We give away $70,000 a month! Come to iWin.com for
your chance to win!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/r_1oCB/BJVCAA/4ihDAA/XvNVlB/TM
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

To read the updated pre-convention discussion documents, go to
http://www.cpusa.org/27th_convention/discussion_docs/index.html

To learn more about the Communist Party, send an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] or visit our
website at http://www.cpusa.org