AFP. 21 January 2002. Arabs urged to protest "Israeli aggression" with
labor strike.

CAIRO -- A group of Arab unions and human rights organizations on Monday
called on Arabs to briefly stop working at the end of this month to
protest against "Israeli aggression" against the Palestinians.

The groups called in a statement for Arabs to stop working for five
minutes on January 30 starting at 0900 GMT.

The action is "to express our refusal and our protest at the savage and
systematic Israeli aggression against the Palestinian people," they
said.

"The organizations and the unions ask all Arab citizens and society to
respond to this call and express their solidarity with the Palestinian
people," they said.

Among the groups launching the protest are Arab unions for lawyers,
doctors and journalists, the International Federation of Arab Workers
Unions, and the Arab Organization of Human Rights.

Barry Stoller
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ProletarianNews