Zdravim,
 jeden z nasich partneru porada nasledujici akci.

Barclays - Technology Night: Building high performance systems

Save the date

Tuesday 20 November 2012, 19:30
The Hub, Drtinova 10, Prague 5
http://www.barclayscommunications.com/ldn/psec-prague-tech-event/directions.html

Superior client service involves constant evolution, a relentless
pursuit of higher performance and the ability to bring fresh ideas.

Developing cutting-edge technology is integral to the success of
Barclays. Our Technology experts create and maintain powerful trading
and analytical systems, support new products and enhance strategic
decision-making.

We're holding an evening that's free and open to anyone interested in
hearing our views on building high performance systems.

The speakers:

Richard Thompson will speak about low latency Java. Richard is a
Barclays Technology Fellow and the lead technologist on our award
winning high frequency trading system. Before entering the financial
services industry, Richard was a pioneer in multiple industries. As
the founding technologist at Lazy Software, he helped define the NoSQL
movement and developed patents for a "post-relational" data model. In
a prior start-up venture, he was the principal developer of Obsydian,
a revolutionary CASE tool that earned accolades from Bill Gates.

James Slaughter will talk about embedded programming in the financial
industry. James works on the Barclays CIO award-winning ultra-low
latency SubM Native platform and chairs the Barclays C++ tech
community in Europe. Outside of Barclays, he is a member of the
British Standards Institute's C++ Panel and has helped organise
conferences and local meetings for the ACCU, an organisation promoting
professionalism in programming.

Georgy Bolyuba will speak about garbage collection and automatic
memory management. Georgy is a technology lead in the Prague office
and global lead of our Shared Source programme.

Afterwards, we invite you to share your views over drinks.

Barclays Bank PLC, and its subsidiaries and affiliates seek to comply
with laws concerning the entertainment of public officials and
employees of state owned/controlled entities. If the applicable rules
or policies of your organisation or jurisdiction prohibit you from
accepting all or part of this entertainment, please call Katie Crosby
at +44 (0)20 7773 7958 or katie.x.cro...@barclays.com so that we may
make the necessary arrangements.

(c) Barclays Bank PLC 2012.

Odpovedet emailem