Am Mittwoch, 23. Mai 2007 15:42:16 schrieb Scott Lerman:
> I know a couple people that would like to have support for Yahoo's
> audibles, and I found this feature request from a couple years ago. How
> difficult would it be to implement this, either as a separate plugin or as
> part of the Yahoo core? My C/C++ is pretty rusty, but I should be able to
> do some relatively simple stuff. If it would be feasible for me, are there
> one or two experienced developers that would be willing to help me out with
> basic questions like adding the menu item/button and finding where in the
> code I'd have to add the functionality? Thanks.

Hi,

the first thing that needs to be done is reverse-engineer how the audibles
work, that means sniff the packets, the official client sends/retrieves and
understand what happens. This behaviour must then be implemented in Kopete.

If that is done, the rest shouldn't be too hard. IIRC the audibles are little
flash files, so you'd need to download and probably best cache them somewhere
and find out how to display them in the chatwindow and find a way to let the
user select one to be sent.

If you want to tackle it, i'd be glad to help you where i can, if you get
stuck at some point.

André