I was tempted to make the subject line "HA HA HA HA HA ..."

http://www.businessweek.com/technology/content/dec2006/tc20061207_164472.htm?campaign_id=bier_tcc.g3a.rss1211a

After 10 months of working with software developers in Bangalore, India,
Bill Wood was ready to call it quits. The local engineers would start a
project, get a few months' experience, and then bolt for greener pastures,
says the U.S.-based executive. Attrition rose to such a high level that
year that Wood's company had to replace its entire staff, some positions
more than once. "It did not work well at all," recalls Wood,
vice-president of engineering at Ping Identity, a maker of Internet
security software for corporations. Frustrated, Wood began searching for a
partner outside India. He scoured 15 companies in 8 different countries,
including Russia, Mexico, Argentina, and Vietnam.

That path is being trod by a lot of executives, eager for new sources of
low-cost, high-tech talent outside India. Many are fed up with the
outsourcing hub of Bangalore, where salaries for info tech staff are
growing at 12% to 14% a year, turnover is increasing, and an influx of
workers is straining city resources."

=====

The story goes on in excruciating detail and without apparent irony on how
expensive and problematic it's become for the poor corporate types to
wring a little more profit margin out of the third world at the expense of
their home country's economy. It's <sob> heartbreaking!

I especially love that they're thinking of moving development of their
security software to Russia. And Marketing, I'm guessing, will go to
Nigeria?

--
Lan Barnes

SCM Analyst              Linux Guy
Tcl/Tk Enthusiast        Biodiesel Brewer

--
KPLUG-List@kernel-panic.org