Comratulatipns, Mark. I wish you many more happy flights.
                                                                     Ray
Goree
----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Jones" <flyk...@wi.rr.com>
To: "KR Net" <kr...@mylist.net>; "Corvaircraft" <corvaircr...@mylist.net>
Sent: Saturday, March 26, 2005 4:02 PM
Subject: KR> Second Flight Report

Today, I flew exactly one hour on my KR. Again the flight was more than
perfect. Outside temp was 44° and no winds with a ceiling of 12,000'. Again,
I had full tanks (10 gallons in each wing). After completion of the flight,
I measured the fuel burn at 5.5 gallons per hour. My maximum altitude during
this flight was 5,000' with a lot of cruising at 4,000'. I did a lot of
steep turns both left and right and she would hold altitude with no efforts.
Again, I flew hands off in straight and level flight with no variations from
where I let go of the stick. I was hands off for almost 10 seconds!!!. On
initial climb at take off I held the airspeed at 100 mph, rpm was 2500, oil
temp was 190°, oil psi was 40, exhaust temp was 1200° and CHT was 280°. I
did three high speed passes down the runway at approximately 100'. During
the dive to the airport, I obtained a speed of 175 mph, level over the
runway 160 mph and when I pulled out she climbed like a homesick angel. At
4,000' and cruise at WOT, I achieved 150 mph at 2750 rpm, oil temp 190°, oil
psi 40, exhaust temp 1100, and cht temp 260°. I am very pleased at how this
KR handles with no surprises so far and also with the engine running as
smooth as I could expect being it was the first engine I have ever
completely built. The only thing is that I firmly believe I have too much
prop and that I should be able to get better top end performance with maybe
a 52 x 50. I have one that I will be testing soon but for now, I just want
to enjoy flying for a while. I took off this Monday and will be putting
several hours on the plane. More reports coming soon!!!!

Mark Jones (N886MJ...FIRST FLIGHT made 3-20-2005)
Wales, WI  USA
E-mail me at flyk...@wi.rr.com
Visit my KR-2S CorvAIRCRAFT web site at
http://mywebpage.netscape.com/n886mj/homepage.html