This probably sounds really stupid, so I'll ask anyway!!!  I have a
Revmaster 2100 with the standard alternator, 2 wires leaving from it,
going to a connector that has a couple of pins jumped and then to the
voltage regulator, etc.

For lack of a diagram, I installed a relay between alternator output and
load.  On a test run, I killed the master switch, but the panel didn't
completely shutdown.  Upon investigation, I discovered that the
alternator was powering the panel, and it cost me a radio in the
process.  Hence, the relay.

However, I think the accepted practice is to switch the field instead of
using a relay on the output.  So the really stupid question is "How do I
ID the field?"  Is it that jumper on the connector at the voltage regulator?

Thanks!

Dave.