I have similar results to Larry,

My KR2S is a tail dragger and I has a 75HP Hapi VW engine, and has no
problem turning left or right on pavement at very low speeds.  Almost  stopped
can give it some throttle and full rudder and turn it either way  without
brakes.  I have never taxied it on grass.  Always thought it  would be fun to
try a grass strip, but with plans built retractable gear which  put me very
close to the ground, not to mention very little clearance between  the
tires and their mini fairings, I have always worried about getting hung up  in
some long grass, and have been to chicken to just go for it.

As far as Tim tabs go, there is a small trim tab on the elevator, which I
can adjust via a cable to the cockpit, but I usually forget it is even
there, as  the controls are so light in the elevator that there are virtually
no
adverse forces to overcome in any phase of flight.  I think I have once or
twice adjusted it to fly level in cruise so I could take my hand off the
stick for a few minutes, but that setting works perfectly well for take  offs
and landings so I don't bother with it.

Maybe if I had the problem of dealing with the 195 knot speeds the Corvair
guys are flying at, there would be some stiffer forces to overcome, but my
75  Horse VW only pulls me to about 120 kts or so max cruise.

I don't really have a reliable airspeed indicator, so that is a guess based
 on using a GPS app in my cell phone for ground speed.

Like Larry says, every plane is an individual and your results may  vary...

Todd Thelin

In a message dated 6/20/2017 9:01:42 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,