Gary wrote:

> that would be cross-section.  I had a drawing inserted, but I guess they
> don't come through.  Odd being not symmetrical top and bottom.

If you mean the TE isn't square with the chordline or something like
that, I'd probably make it that way, squared off with about a .125"
thick trailing edge or so.  That's apparently better than a nicely
rounding trailing edge.  If the TE thickness isn't uniform, that's not a
big problem, depending on the thickness.  Knife edges are bad from a
hangar rash and drag standpoint, and very thick ones aren't optimal
either.

OK...I went and looked at the templates (at
http://www.krnet.org/as504x/as5048_15_600.pdf) and you're probably
concerned about the little downward flip at the very aft end of the
trailing edge.   That is a key part of airfoil design, but you probably
wouldn't be the first to straighten it a bit.  That little flipped down
part has been known to increase stick forces during a turn, making the
KR roll/pitch ratio force ratio even worse, but that's not the end of
the world either.

Mark Langford, Harvest, AL
ML "at" N56ML.com
www.N56ML.com