We're homebuilding by hand an airplane that is so easily tweaked it's laughable, and using crappy plans that leave a lot to the imagination, so of course you can use Diehl skins.  There is a slight performance deficit, probably a 10mph decrease in top speed, but as I've said before, if you already have your wings built, it's probably not worth the effort to throw them away and redo the wings for the new airfoil, and Diehl wing skins are practically built....just need spars to glue them to.  FreeBird spars can just be made shorter to the Diehl skin drawings. Freebird will have slightly longer wings also.  But there's no reason Diehl skins can't be fitted to a FreeBird.

Mark Langford
m...@n56ml.com
http://www.n56ml.com
Huntsville, AL