The bladder or liner business sounds like unnecessary trouble.  My 17 gallon
removable aluminum tank sits with flanges welded to each side of it.  The
flanges sit upon the fuselage side rails.  I had two or three little pinhole
areas along one of the seams on the bottom.  JB has held up after this one-time
fix, sixteen years ago.  I normally use avgas but it has had Chevron Supreme in
it occasionally, added to existing avgas when topping it off prior to a trip.
So it's been exposed to this mixture, but not often.  I've got a 4 gallon aux
tank in one wing, made with vinyl ester and has never had anything in it but
avgas.

My experience has been that I get slightly better fuel economy (per fuel flow
gauge and overall) and slight but noticeably better power on avgas.  There's
less concern with getting strange chemicals when using avgas.  One less
variable to worry about.
I can't imagine working behind the panel or getting to the brake cylinders and
wing roots . . . without having a removable tank.  Huge headache with the
plans-built tanks.  I've thanked Ken Cottle many times over for this and other
features he built into 335KC.

Mike Stirewalt
KSEE
A removable tank is an absolute necessity when working behind the panel.
Sparky's KR (his second) had the standard integral tank and