Mark said,

> "By the way, I adjust intake valves to .006" and exhausts to .008", just for
> good measure, especially given the high temperatures these things run when
> wide open like we tend to run them. I also run "swivel feet" to spread the
> load on the valve tip, so the
valve tips don't wear at all."
I do the same every 25 hours, along with the oil change.  I use NAPA
semi-synthetic which is what Steve recommended and I've just stuck with it.  It
handles the occasional extreme high-temp condition better than regular oil.
Swivel feet are definitely the ticket.

On this subject, my engine had the rather flimsy rocker shaft spacers (standard
VW) and discovered there is a sturdier solution - the solid spacers with shims.
 If that improvement hasn't been done yet this is a good one.

************************************

Craig . . . if Rotec has improvements over Ellison I'm very very curious just
what they might be?  EFS=2's can be found, with some luck.  The Rotec is a
hugely overpriced copy.  When I looked into them some years back out of
curiosity, I saw nothing that was an improvement . . . but I've never seen one
up close so please note the improvements you've mentioned.

And Jeff, my EMPI's have held up well (no cracks) but in following Mark's
adventures with Jim Faughn's plane it's clear Revmaster is the place to go.
I'm glad to see Joe Horvath is still around.  Every time I turn around it seems
like someone else has left us.

Mike StirewaltKSEE