The stresses that accompany high speed dives/passes have killed probably more
KR pilots than has anything else.  They give up one's margin, sometimes with a
passenger (showing off).

Am I reading this right John . . . you lost your horizontal stabs and survived?

*********************

Dropping down quickly from Class B immediately adjacent to destination?  I
can't think of having to do it but I surely have.  If I _could_ recall such a
situation I'm sure I did some serious side slipping.
I do remember breaking a valve spring while atop the Tampa TCA.  I glided
(glid?) all the way to Venice.

My KR-1½  (N335KC) is around 35 years old and I'd bet nobody has checked
balance on the ailerons in all that time.  As they've evolved, the normal KR is
a 135 to 150 MPH plane for cross country flying, it seems safe to say.  If
something is going to break structurally, it'll most likely happen at some
speed beyond its comfort zone with some G added.Marty got away with a lot,
methinks.

MikeKSEE