On 01.07.2009, at 05:28, Christoffer Dall wrote:

Hi all.

We are still working on our ARM port of KVM and we are managing to let
the guest decompress the kernel image and run from relocated address
and we can support enabling MMU before this.

Howver, to debug relocated micro-hypervisor for exception handling, we
are trying to implement some NOT_IMPLEMENTED() macros and ASSERT()
macros.

What we have done so far is simply to exit QEMU roughly after
returning -EINVAL from the KVM_RUN system call, but before we start
supporting an interrupt cycle we have to improve on this. Setting
kvm_run->exit_reason = KVM_EXIT_EXCEPTION or kvm_run->exit_reason =
KVM_EXIT_SHUTDOWN just results in QEMU looping in the cpu execution
loop.

Can someone point us in the direction of what we're missing here in
order to exit the whole QEMU process from an exception occurring
inside the guest?

I'm still having a hard time understanding what exactly you're trying to do.

If you need to have your machine quit, just set exit_reason to some value you want to use for that purpose and make it behave accordingly in target-arm/kvm.c.

But I really can't think of any scenarios where you'd need it. Shouldn't all exceptions be handled in the kernel module? What exactly are you trying to implement here?

Alex