On 30.09.2009, at 10:42, Avi Kivity wrote:

On 09/29/2009 10:17 AM, Alexander Graf wrote:
KVM for PowerPC only supports embedded cores at the moment.

While it makes sense to virtualize on small machines, it's even more fun to do so on big boxes. So I figured we need KVM for PowerPC64 as well.

This patchset implements KVM support for Book3s_64 hosts and guest support
for Book3s_64 and G3/G4.

To really make use of this, you also need a recent version of qemu.

Looks good to my non-ppc eyes. I'd like to see thus reviewed by the powerpc people, then it's good to go.

TODO:

 - use MMU Notifiers

What's the plan here? While not a requirement for merging, that's one of the kvm points of strength and I'd like to see it supported across the board.

I'm having a deja vu :-).

The plan is to get qemu ppc64 guest support in a shape where it can actually use the KVM support. As it is it's rather useless. When we have that, a PV interface would be needed to get things fast and then the next thing on my list is the MMU notifiers.

Alex