On Tue, 23 Jul 2013 13:50:21 +0200, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
> > Jul 21 00:25:32 ps kernel: kvm: zapping shadow pages for mmio generation
> > wraparound
>
> The log message would let us correlate any reports with a new
> optimization (added in 3.11).  We will probably downgrade it to
> KERN_DEBUG before 3.11 goes out (or otherwise cause it to disappear), in
> the meanwhile it's harmless.

Hm.  I just upgraded one of our heavy-kvm-usage host from 3.10 to 3.16,
and it started showing these messages (hence I started searching and
found this thread from 2013).

Has it not been decided to downgrade this message to KERN_DEBUG for some
reason?

What does this message mean anyway?
Why this very rare case (according to comments in arch/x86/kvm/mmu.c)
happens on this machine?

Thanks,

/mjt