Andreas Tanz wrote:
Maybe the reason is elsewhere....
I'm unable to build any GCC 4.* (build crashes in stage 2 with a segfault when
creating build/genoutput).
I think there are some Nano specific x86-64-quirks gcc doesn't know about...
Further it's impossible to build glibc in multilib mode (x86-64 together with
x68-32).
I'll post this in gentoo's bugzilla....
Everything else compiles fine (with precompiled gcc and glibc)

It's quite possible that Via deviates from the VT spec in some way. It's also possible that kvm assumes something that isn't guaranteed by the spec but just happens to work; I'd like to find out which.