Avi Kivity wrote:
> Antoine Martin wrote:
>>> You're out of memory.
>>>
>> That's quite odd, the guest wasn't even hitting the swap at the tine.
>
> But you do have swap enabled?
Yes.

I always do this on the guests as it seems fairer to let the guests use
swap when they need the extra memory rather than over-committing too
much memory on the host. Although it would probably be more efficient
overall to let the host manage all swapping.
It consumes more I/O bandwidth, but most guest's memory stay "warm" no
matter what other guests are doing.
Does that sound reasonable?
>>> Strange, seems to be a bit of free memory here.
>>>
>> There should be lots, all this host is doing is apache+sftp...
>>
>> Assuming I can make it re-occur (stress testing it?), how would I dig
>> further to find the cause of this memory exhaustion? /proc/meminfo and
>> friends?
>>

> Yes please.  Maybe virtio is leaking memory.
Will report if I find anything.