Jayaraman, Bhaskar wrote:
> Cam, is it somehow possible to generate a local APIC interrupt from one VM to
> another? I guess it shouldn't be as the LAPIC interrupts generated in one VM
> will go to the VCPUs of the same VM...
> Regards,
> Bhaskar.

The closest thing to this is the irqfd+iosignalfd thing I mentioned the
other day.  With this model, a PIO/MMIO write in the src guest will
directly inject an interrupt into the dst guest's LAPIC.  However, as
Avi points out, this is just an optimization.  You can also do it by
first taking a hop through each guests userspace as well.

HTH
-Greg