On 09/07/2009 05:00 PM, Ozawa Tsuyoshi wrote:
qemu-kvm: Add "sda" alias options to "hda" options

I know that the name "hda" come from IDE drive, but I felt strange
when I use qemu to boot linux kernel directly as follows:

$ qemu-system-x86 -kernel vmlinux-2.6.28.15 -initrd
initrd.img-2.6.28.15 -hda vdisk.img

By applying this patch,  the command will change to:

$ qemu-system-x86 -kernel vmlinux-2.6.28.15 -initrd
initrd.img-2.6.28.15 -sda vdisk.img

The latter one seems to be more intuitive for me.

-hda is deprecated in favor of -drive, please use -drive instead.