On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 3:38 PM, Kenni Lund <ke...@kelu.dk> wrote:
> I've done some benchmarking with the drivers on Windows XP SP3 32bit,
> but it seems like using the VirtIO drivers are slower than the IDE drivers in
> (almost) all cases. Perhaps I've missed something or does the driver still
> need optimization?

very interesting!

it seems that IDE wins on all the performance numbers, but VirtIO
always has lower CPU utilization.  i guess this is guest CPU %, right?
it would also be interesting to compare the CPU usage from the host
point of view, since a lower 'off-guest' CPU usage is very important
for scaling to many guests doing I/O.

--
Javier