Thanks for the feedback; I'll post a new version shortly.

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 11:45 PM, Jan Kiszka <jan.kis...@web.de> wrote:
> Interesting stuff. How usable is your work at this point? I've no
> immediate demand, but the question if one could integrate Xen guests
> with KVM already popped up more than once @work.

So far I've managed to boot CentOS 5.3 (both i386 and x86_64) and use
the Xen PV block and net devices, with pretty good performance. I've
also booted FreeBSD 8.0-RC1 (amd64 only) with a XENHVM kernel and used
the Xen PV block and net devices, but the performance of the net
device is significantly worse than with CentOS. Also some FreeBSD
applications use a flag that's not yet implemented in the net device
emulation, but I'm working on fixing that.

Overall it seems pretty solid for Linux PV-on-HVM guests. I think more
work is needed to support full PV guests, but I don't know how much.
Have folks been asking about PV-on-HVM or full PV?

--Ed