Bugs item #2883570, was opened at 2009-10-22 00:16
Message generated for change (Settings changed) made by avik
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=893831&aid=2883570&group_id=180599

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Setup:
Triple core Phenom II, 64-bit Ubuntu Karmic Koala, Ralink wireless NIC.

Repro:
1. Attempt to create a bridged connection using a wireless NIC.
2. Spend hours reading half-baked howtos and fail.
3. Throw in the towel and use VirtualBox where bridging "just works" after you
select it through a combo box.

Result:
Wireless bridging is darn near impossible with KVM (yet VirtualBox bridges just
fine on the same machine). Wired bridging requires manual (and hence error
prone) editing of configuration files. This is compounded by the fact that if
you screw up a network config on the remote host, you lose access to it and
have to go there (or use an expensive "enterprise" remote console thingamabob)
to correct your error.

Expected result:

Date: 2009-10-25 07:50

Message:
qemu/kvm is not a complete stack; it's just the virtual machine monitor.
You need to use a complete stack to get simple and automatic
configuration.

Duplicating unrelated pieces of code is not an option.