On 03/15/2010 05:46 PM, Andre Przywara wrote:
Gleb Natapov wrote:
If LOCK prefix is used dest arg should be memory, otherwise instruction
should generate #UD.
Well, there is one exception:
There is an AMD specific "lock mov cr0 = mov cr8" equivalence, where there is no memory involved (and we intercept this). I am not sure if anyone actually uses this code sequence, but it is definitely legal.

It's better to trap on this instead of emulating it incorrectly as mov cr8. If/when someone adds 32-bit mov cr8 handling, this will need to be addressed.