On 03/24/2010 10:22 PM, Badari Pulavarty wrote:
Which caching mode is this?  I assume data=writeback, because otherwise
you'd be doing synchronous I/O directly from the handler.

Yes. This is with default (writeback) cache model. As mentioned earlier, readhead is helping here
and most cases, data would be ready in the pagecache.

btw, relying on readahead is problematic. The guest already issues readahead requests, and the host will issue readahead based on that readahead, reading far into the future.

--
Do not meddle in the internals of kernels, for they are subtle and quick to
panic.