On 06/13/2010 03:22 PM, Nadav Har'El wrote:
Hi Avi,

This is a followup of our nested VMX patches that Orit Wasserman posted in
December. We've addressed most of the comments and concerns that you and
others on the mailing list had with the previous patch set. We hope you'll
find these patches easier to understand, and suitable for applying to KVM.

The following 24 patches implement nested VMX support. The patches enable a
guest to use the VMX APIs in order to run its own nested guests. I.e., it
allows running hypervisors (that use VMX) under KVM. We describe the theory
behind this work, our implementation, and its performance characteristics,
in IBM Research report H-0282, "The Turtles Project: Design and Implementation
of Nested Virtualization", available at:

        http://bit.ly/a0o9te

The current patches support running Linux under a nested KVM using shadow
page table (with bypass_guest_pf disabled). They support multiple nested
hypervisors, which can run multiple guests. Only 64-bit nested hypervisors
are supported. SMP is supported. Additional patches for running Windows under
nested KVM, and Linux under nested VMware server, and support for nested EPT,
are currently running in the lab, and will be sent as follow-on patchsets.

These patches were written by:
      Abel Gordon, abelg<at>  il.ibm.com
      Nadav Har'El, nyh<at>  il.ibm.com
      Orit Wasserman, oritw<at>  il.ibm.com
      Ben-Ami Yassor, benami<at>  il.ibm.com
      Muli Ben-Yehuda, muli<at>  il.ibm.com

With contributions by:
      Anthony Liguori, aliguori<at>  us.ibm.com
      Mike Day, mdday<at>  us.ibm.com

This work was inspired by the nested SVM support by Alexander Graf and Joerg
Roedel.

Changes since v4:
* Rebased to the current KVM tree.
* Support for lazy FPU loading.
* Implemented about 90 requests and suggestions made on the mailing list
   regarding the previous version of this patch set.
* Split the changes into many more, and better documented, patches.

Overall, very nice. The finer split and better documentation really help reviewing, thanks.

Let's try to get this merged quickly.