On Sun, Mar 6, 2011 at 10:25 PM, Mathias Klette <mkle...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've tested with iozone to compare IO with a linux guest and also to
> verify changes made to improve situation - but nothing really helped.
>
> TESTS with "iozone -s 4G -r 256k -c -e":

Please use the -I option to bypass the page cache, otherwise buffered
I/O will be used and requests may be satisfied from memory rather than
actually accessing the disk.

What is the qemu-kvm command-line (ps aux | grep kvm)?

Are you using virtio-blk and the Windows guest drivers from here:

http://www.linux-kvm.org/page/WindowsGuestDrivers/Download_Drivers

Stefan