Jan Kiszka <jan.kis...@web.de> wrote on 07/06/2012 14:54:35:

> > Well, depends if you re-allocate the vector used by the guest or the
vector
> > used by the host. Anyway, I think we understand each other :)
>
> KVM is just a subsystem of the Linux kernel, usually not involved in
> LAPIC vector allocations. Your suggestion would turn this around a bit.

:) I think we will find long discussions around this type of statement
since
KVM was created... how many changes made to the Linux kernel were driven
by KVM ? (e.g MMU notifies for guest memory swapping)

I wrote this just to clarify my point of view. I don't want to start an
endless
discussion around Linux and KVM synergy, so let's not do that :)

> Not impossible, but expect some discussions. ;)
Agree