It's a feature. I don't know why you think the previous behavior was a good
thing, you are definitely a minority, most people found it annoying. But
that said, there is still the possibility, that the selection chosen for a
particular locale isn't optimal, so if you miss some dictionary for your
locale, feel free to file a bug.