Hi *;

On Sun, May 24, 2015 at 10:17 AM, Kismabo adwa <kinfegu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everybody,  i want u to help me how to  build libreoffice. I have
> being directed by  this
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/BuildingOnLinux  on
> how to build libreoffice I have installed git. then when i try to
> clone with "git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core
> libreoffice ", i  get the following error.
> '
> '
> Cloning into 'libreoffice'...
> fatal: unable to connect to anongit.freedesktop.org:
> anongit.freedesktop.org: Name or service not known

That's a DNS resolving issue and very likely temporary

> how should i solve this?

Try again/check your dns-server configuration

> is it possible to download the source code and copy to /.git directory
> instead of running "git clone
> git://anongit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core libreoffice " command?

Use:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/contrib/dev-tools/tree/lo-submodules-from-bundles.sh

> i tried it  as following,
> i downloaded source code of libreoffice

The source code tarballs don't contain the repository data. You can
find git bundles in the script above if you prefer to do it manually.

ciao
Christian