Hi,

On 10.08.2020 11:51, Heiko Tietze wrote:
> Shall we recommend to not translate these strings? Guess it could be solved in
> this case by just hard coding.
>
> No idea how I'd localized "Fill Bitmap Rectangle Point" as it makes absolutely
> no sense with "Füllung Bild Rechteck Punkt". So my take -> hard-code strings.

I have no strong preference here, but if we don't translate them, then
having them "human-readable" makes no sense, and it's better to revert
to the internal API names, to avoid introduction of another useless
English-only name for something that is not available in other languages.

But for a random Russian user, who tries to understand why their text is
red, reading a random English description like "Color of character", or
random English-based ID like "CharColor", might be absolutely
incomprehensible. A string like "Цвет символа", to the contrary, would
make sense. So - well, on the second thought: no, we should not avoid
translation here, and we need these all technical strings to be
translated. Of course, an ideal translation might take iterations...

--
Best regards,
Mike Kaganski