Hi Christian,

Tks for you complete answer.
I don't have access to weblate's statistics either (why), so it's difficult
to get a clear picture of what a suggester is doing.
L10n project doesn't provide statistics as QA project does(may be in the
NL-List as mentionned ? )
I've tried to review a few recent French suggesters profil , 99% are
inactive, unknown and most of them haven't translated more than a hundred
strings.
I think translation should be an ecosystem of knowledge, i doubt that
"someone shows up to carry the torch" suddenly spontaneously with the right
level of experience that 20 years experienced translators judged to have
I think that suggester statut is not something attractive and the message
"Insufficient privileges for saving translations" is a turnoff for
newcomers.

Best.

Régis Perdreau