Hello!

I have worked on the Swedish translation. There are now only 44 words left. In some of these cases I am unsure what word to use because I am not sure of in which context it is used. In a few cases it might be that the original text in English has some error in it, because I do not understand the meaning.

When expanding the details on the overview page, I find that there are errosw with placeholders, escapes, printf() and XML tags.

https://translate.apache.org/sv/aoo40/

I have installed OpenOffice 4.0.0 English version. Is it possible to import the swedish translations into it to test them?

Below some specific questions in order to understand to continue the work.

Q1 Placeholders

English                     Swedish
Currently:
[Default Language] -> [Standardspråk]
[M] -> [E]
What would be correct? I guess the text within square brackets should not be translated.

Q2 Escapes

The column *"$column$"* could not be changed. Should the column instead be deleted and the new format appended?
-> (Currently)
Det gick inte att ändra kolumnen *"\\$column\\$"*. Ska den i stället raderas och det nya formatet bifogas?
>> (Should it be like this?)
Det gick inte att ändra kolumnen *"$column$"*. Ska den i stället raderas och det nya formatet bifogas?

Read the complete License Agreement. Use the scroll bar or the *\\**'Scroll Down**\\**'* button in this dialog to view the entire license text.
-> (now)
Läs det fullständiga licensavtalet. Använd rullningslisten eller knappen *Rulla nedåt* i dialogrutan om du vill se hela licensavtalet.
>> (This would be correct?)
Läs det fullständiga licensavtalet. Använd rullningslisten eller knappen *'Rulla nedåt'* i dialogrutan om du vill se hela licensavtalet.

Q3 printf()

%PRODUCTNAME% %PRODUCTVERS*I**O**N% Er**ro*r Report
-> (now)
%PRODUCTNAME% %PRODUCTVERS*IO**N%-fe**lr*apportering
>> (better?)
%PRODUCTNAME% %PRODUCTVERS*IO**N% fe**lr*apportering
It seems like printf() reacts on a hyphen directly after a %% expression.
In Swedish we juxtapose many words together to form a long word (like in German). We do not have spaces between words in many cases.
Will printf() fail with the hyphen just after the %% expression?

Q4 XML tags

*DisplayHID*
-> (now)
*{0>DisplayHID<}0{>DisplayHID<0}*
>> (better? alt1)
*DisplayHID *
>> (better? alt2)
*Visa HID*

There are many control signs inserted in the Swedish translation. Should they be there, or not? At many places there are this type of construction of control signs. Are they serving a purpose, or should they be corrected? Is DisplayHID a 'product name' so it should be left untranslated, or should 'display' be translated into Swedish?

/vicinity

PS. I am not on the mail list, so I would need an email directed to my own email address.