Johnny Rosenberg wrote:
I noticed that Apache OpenOffice 4 still isn't available in Swedish, so I
looked around a bit to see if I can help with translations or something. A
quick look at https://translate.apache.org/projects/aoo40/ told me that
everything is already translated to Swedish (svenska), so what's more to be
done before Apache OpenOffice 4.0.0 can be released in Swedish? Why isn't
it released already?
Sorry if this is a stupid question…

It isn't a stupid question at all, but the answer is equally simple: the 100% translation you see now was done by Kasper (in CC; but please Kasper consider subscribing, or you will miss messages!) over the last few days.

So: Swedish is 100% complete now, but it was still rather incomplete when we built the RC1. And it will be released officially at the earliest possible occasion.

When? Well, if we have to build a RC2 we could ask Juergen to consider adding Swedish immediately to it (but this could be asking too much of Juergen, since integrating a translation is still a lengthy process). In any case, Swedish would be released with the next language update, which is not set but may be sometime in October, depending on how many new languages we have ready. And in the meantime Swedish would be added to the snapshot builds available from https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Development+Snapshot+Builds

Regards,
  Andrea.