Marco A.G.Pinto wrote:
1) changelog.txt ...
2) README_en_GB.txt

Good, changes look OK! But the version must be incremented too, it's still 2014.01.01 and this creates problems. In this case you can leave it as it is since you never released the 2014.01.01 version on the Extensions site.

3) Created a test ODT to check with the 2013-07-31 and with 2014-01-01
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30674540/test_words_speller_20140107.odt

Nice, this will be very useful for testing. But it will be more useful if you cut it to a few lines, since you have the changelog for the full list of changes. Lines 185 and 741 will be perfectly OK. What I usually do is a small table with:

Word         Expected result   OpenOffice 4.0.1  Dictionary 2014.01.01
stereophony  Accepted       Not Accepted         Accepted
spongelike   Not Acccepted  Accepted             Not Accepted
test         Accepted       Accepted             Accepted
abcxyz       Not Acccepted  Not Acccepted        Not Acccepted

copy this to a table in an ODT file and you are done, and everybody can test very quickly.

(Also, it's not my dictionary, I never added or removed a single word; it's the OpenOffice 4.0.1 dictionary).

4) Created the OXT with the requested changes
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30674540/dict-en-marcoagpinto-20140107.oxt

OK.

PS-> I noticed that removing and installing the previous EN OXT and this
one, sometimes the typos are not detected.

This will need to be investigated. Remember that the bundled dictionaries are a special case of extension, since they are (if I recall correctly) installed with administrative rights.

I think I followed all of Andrea's steps.
What shall I do now?

Let's go on with the plan then. Here it is:

1) Fix changelog.txt and possibly README files. -> DONE

2) In the meantime, I will take care that the extension http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/aoo-dict-en is reassigned to you (this usually takes some days) -> DONE, I see it hasn't been reassigned yet, but you will probably see it reassigned very soon, like tomorrow.

3) Once the extension is reassigned, create a new release (this means: upload your latest OXT file to the Extensions site) for the dictionary and leave it "unpublished" under the "Publishing options", so users won't be notified of the new release. Your release is thus not listed but available for download from a direct link.

4) Send a quick note to d...@openoffice.apache.org saying that you replaced the en-GB dictionary and that you are going to publish the new release; give them one week to test, specify clearly that they must set en_GB for testing and provide: a) Link to the unpublished release (I can help you here if you don't know where to find it)
b) Link to ODT test file in your DropBox (the one I described above, item 2)

5) If you don't receive any bad feedback, go on and flag your release as "published" and you are done! And at that time I will also update the OpenOffice source code to use your updated extension. And, after one week or so, users will start to receive notifications that a new version of the English dictionary is available.

Regards,
  Andrea.