Ok. Good response.

-----Original Message-----
From: Marcus [mailto:marcus.m...@wtnet.de]
Sent: Friday, January 30, 2015 12:57 PM
To: l10n@openoffice.apache.org
Cc: McCormick, James
Subject: Re: Suggestion for your Page

Am 01/28/2015 04:22 PM, schrieb McCormick, James:
> Your page (http://www.openoffice.org/l10n/) refers people to the Wikipedia
> entry on "internationalization and localization". I am of course biased but
> that page is very dense and overly complicated. This page
> (http://www.lionbridge.com/solutions/software-localization/) gives a process
> oriented walk through of what you can expect from software localization. The
> behind the scenes methodology is explained takes a complicated subject and
> simplifies it for a learner. I hope you highly consider using this page as a
> resource.

thanks for your suggestion. However, this would result in a link to a external
and commercial website. We avoid in many cases to link to such kind of
websites. We don't want to give our users the impression that we are somehow
connected with that. Or it could be understood as a recommendation.

BTW:
If you think that the Wikipedia text is not describing the process in a good
and understandable way, please help to improve it. Lionbridge seem to have the
right knowledge. :-)

Marcus