Ahmad Alawsie wrote:
I have raised this suggestion on Github:
https://github.com/translate/pootle/issues/6805 where you can see what I think
could be done to smoothen the registration process for a Pootle account.

That one is not a Pootle issue, so you can close that issue. That is just a matter of how we setup it. The current setup is that we prefer to reduce spam, so new accounts are only created on request in all our infrastructure (wiki, Pootle, everywhere). Still, even if we decided to let user self-create an account, all these systems require e-mail verification, so we would still have exactly the same problem.

Actually, creating accounts manually is the only way to have the workaround available: we just force a temporary random password and send it to the user.

Regards,
  Andrea.