Hi,

Thank you Adam for helping me solve the l4linux booting issue - adding
modname "vmlinuz" module to the rmgr grub.conf linux fixed the rmgr
error. As for, L4linux hanging, I had a bad configuration, which must
have caused a race condition to pop up because after I changed my  .config
file around the kernel stopped hanging.

I have another question.  Rather than using a ramdisk as the root
filesystem, I'd like to use my filesystem on
/dev/hda3. So, I used this grub.conf, which I believe will use /dev/hda3
as the root fileystem:

title L4Linux-2.4
kernel (hd0,0)/boot/drops/rmgr -sigma0
modaddr 0x2000000
module (hd0,0)/boot/drops/main -nokdb -nowait -serial_esc -comspeed 115200
-comport 1
115200 -comport 1
module (hd0,0)/boot/drops/sigma0
module (hd0,0)/boot/drops/vmlinuz.V2 root=/dev/hda3

The results are a standard boot (until kernel talks to disk) and  dmesg
displaying:

ide1 at 0x170-0x177,0x376 on irq15
hda: ide-disk driver
hda: lost interrupt
hda: host protected area => 1
hda: lost interrupt
hda: 234441648 sectors (120034 MB) w/ 8192KiB Cache, CHS= 14593/255/63,
UDMA(33)
hda: lost interrupt
hda: lost interrupt
hdc: attached ide-cdrom driver
hdc: lost interrupt
hdc: lost interrupt
hdc: ATAPI 52X CD-ROM CD-R/RW drive, 2048 Cache UDMA(33)
Uniform  CD-ROM driver Revision: 3.12
Partition check
 hda:<4>hda: dma_timer_expiry: dma status == 0x24
hda: DMA interrupt recovery
hda: lost interrupt
  hda1 hda2 hda3 hda4 <<4>hda: dma_timer_expiry: dma status == 0x24
ds: no scocke drivers loaded!
hda: DMA interrupt recovery
hda: lost interrupt
hda: dma_timer_expiry: dma status == 0x24
hda: DMA interrupt recovery
hda: lost interrupt
hda: dma_timer_expiry: dma status == 0x24
hda: DMA interrupt recovery
hda: lost interrupt
resiserfs: found format "3.6" with standard journal
error wile mapping vm_allocated pages @ 10000002, error: e0, res: 40e0,
fpage=80000033
KDB: pingpong no mapping

    --pingpong no
mapping--------------------------------------------------------EIP: 00580c01
hard reboot time
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Additionally, I tried to boot up with regular ramdisk as the filesytems
and  mounting /dev/hda3 and then chrooting over, but that fails with a :

FATAL: kernel too old

message.

My questions:

1. Have you guys had success in using root=/dev/hda(x) in grub?  If so,
are there any tricks?

2. Is it typical for keyboard mappings to be wrong with l4linux? For
example, my forward slash is now shift-7 and my dash is forward slash.

3. Has anyone seen the FATAl: kernel too old message before? Who is the
kernel to old for, the filesystem?

I apologize if these questions are inappropriate,
Tim